Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Right Honourable Mr Panda

I phoned Chelsea yesterday afternoon to congratulate her on completing a long and difficult assignment. Her energy was dancing with joy and she could hardly speak for laughing. Upon enquiry, she said that she had just received a 21st birthday present from her friend Eowyn, who lives in New Zealand.

May I please present the Right Honourable Mr Panda

Her gift was a hand felted Panda – done with a needle and using sheep wool - who had flown by himself all the way to Brisbane, Australia. He's not very tall, or even very big but he has a prepossessing presence which is immediately evident.

With him was a hand-made diary of his incredibly supportive and helpful life to date. Chelsea was absolutely delighted to receive him and you could tell from the instant rapore that it wouldn't be too long before she is entirely besotted.

Chelsea herself says "He has travelled very far to be with me today and I would like to say a huge heartfelt Thank You to my dear friend Eowyn Turk who gave Mr Panda the opportunity to reach his dream of helping people in the most need of moral support at times of stress. This gift lit the road of a slow solemn afternoon, and brightened it far beyond the stars, and shall for every day henceforth. What amazing people I have around me. Thank you."

...and goes on to say "This photo of Mr Panda is in front of a picture of the mountains. The pink and yellow card, that was also done by Eowyn as a farewell card when I left TLC (The Learning Connexion, International Art College, Wellington, New Zealand), and has kept me company ever since. I thought the shot was necessary. :)"

Please give a warm welcome to Mr Panda!

No comments: