Monday, October 31, 2011

More Roses and Melbourne Cup

Had the best day yesterday which is flowing into today. First a parcel from Jen with lovely new tunics to parade in. Add one red bowler hat that Duane bought for me, and yay, Melbourne Cup Day is catered for

Saz gave me an astonishingly beautiful bouquet of yellow roses and purple statis, which I placed in a mauve given to David and I by Aunty Peg in 1978 when she stayed with us in Sydney

then the Divine David called down with some glorious pink roses which have now opened fully in our balmy subtropical warmth, and the yellow and pink bouquets are a feast for the eyes and the frangrance is a heady reminder of summer days

and finally, Miki sent me a hamper of delicious delights from her recent trip to Bali. More photos to come.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Your blog fans are craving an update!!!