Thursday, October 6, 2011

The month of October

The month of October is very special for our family. Among other things, Dad turns 90 on the 7th. We decided to have a small afternoon tea for him at the Parish Centre this coming Sunday the 9th. It took ages to work out a list and we finally decided on those of his era and those who visit him. It was still a very long list. The other important birthdays are Reen's and Chris because they grew up as close friends of Mum's. In fact she always said that Reen was her very best friend. Mum's birthday was on the 3rd. I phoned Chris the other day to invite him on Sunday. I won't write here what he said but we chatted on a little longer.

Now Sarah, Duane's lady, is a marvel with flowers. She says they must be placed in such a way that there's beauty from three angles.

I asked her if she could bring me down two bouquets on Thursday the 6th. She obliged but of course, I didn't take a photo did I. So I'm sharing with you a bouquet she bought me last week. Like Sarah, they are stunning.

Anyway, come Thursday Dad and I and the roses drove to Reen's. She met us and we went inside to visit with her and Jim. Then Reen's brother Chris turns up and she kisses him and wishes him Happy Birthday! I stared then said, You told me last week that it was Reen's birthday today and yours next Monday." "Oh No, - says Doreen - It's his today. It's mine on Monday!"

I honestly cannot believe that I believed him. I'm usually right on my toes with him and rarely caught out! I blame Tzarn!

No comments: