Friday, October 28, 2011

Torken Norf'k udu dem iyalas

I've been teaching Norf'k laengwij at the Norfolk Island Central School, to Secondary students in Year 8 since 1998. Firstly with Mrs Bianca Walsh (then Burns) for two years, then with Suzanne Evans for another two years and then by myself until this year when Pauline Reynolds-Barf came on board.

What an amazing time I've had. We've learnt to weave fish and stars; make wreaths; cooked in some classes ~ though not all ~ had excursions to all sorts of places around the island

But these photos show Pauline's efforts. She had them make an original Tahitian something, and they surely had alot of fun

and not only. They won First Prize at the Royal Agricultural and Horticulture Show last week. How on earth am I going to keep them interested after that!

I know. They can write a book! Remember Guppy's and Fitz's. Good times.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Hehehe Good books and good times. I remember you walking out on my class several times, and being so distraught that you and the other mrs Evans would have to get some chocolate chip muffins from the olive to sooth ur nerves.... Good Times.