Monday, July 11, 2011

Guess What? Yep. We're eating again.

It's such a social function on Norfolk Island. I know that eating is supposed to hold body and soul together, but here, where family means so very much, it's also a social occasion. A time to catch up with family who are also friends. Now today is Rosalie's fault, if fault is indeed the word. I myself, don't put the two words together, but it's amazing the amount of people who look at the blog and casually mention the number of times that we eat! Doesn't everyone?

Anyway. As I was saying. Rozzie has decided that we would have a family lunch at the Orb because she and her girls are flying out on Saturday and Chelsea's flying out the day the fly back in. I know. I know. It's just plain confusing.

So the upshot was that we would all get together and enjoy a wee smackeral of something ~ in the words of the late great Winnie the Pooh.

Then we found out that Poppy wasn't up to it today, so he wouldn't be there. Then Aunty Joy decided that she wouldn't be either, and Uncle Mikel didn't. But we managed chaps. We managed.

No comments: