Thursday, December 29, 2011

A visit to Big Pop

At the end of my working day yesterday, I called up to see Dad and do a couple of small chores. After that I sat at the piano and we entertained ourselves for a couple of hours. I think that Dad's singing voice is as lovely as ever and I truly appreciate the fact that I can sit there with him while he sings. A medley of old songs such as ~ Two Little Girls In Blue; With Someone Like You; Waterwheel; Loving Her was Easier; Springtime in the Rockies; Linda Darling; Send Me the Pillow that you Dream On; Dan Murphy; After the Ball; Nancy Lee; and many more just rolled on and on. Suddenly he disappeared. I played on for a while then followed and there he is in the kitchen with a glass of whiskey, Uncle Mikel and Dad's great grandson Jai. At 90+ years of age you've got to get your priorities right!

1 comment:

Miki said...

OMG WOW - Great Grandad, Grandad and grandson!! Three generations spread from 9 years to ninety years. We are so lucky.

Love Miki