Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

The Divine David and I passed New Years Eve at Norfolk Blue Restaurant. The food was wonderful and Rick Robertson entertained with great music, backed by Pendo. Sharyn and Mitch were there with a table that Joel Quintal had asked Sharyn to arrange for his wife Sammy's birthday, so there were many friends gathered in the small space and much laughter. Naturally, I didn't take a camera!!! What can I say. Sarah took a couple of shots on her camera. Let's see if I can get them out of her!

Anyway, we're into the New Year and I called down the next day to visit Dad. Gloomy, wet, miserable (not Dad ~ the weather) so he and I went on border patrol. Again, I didn't have a camera but later that afternoon, following my Norf'k Language Workshop, Chelsea and I retraced my earlier drive so I can update the blog. Not much to see bat baeta den nathen. Bit of a giggle really.


Dad and I had called in to visit Vonnie. We thought two visits in one day might be a bit of a shock, so Chels took a photo of Vonnie's front fence!

This is her driveway. The whole garden, the house, the fence is absolutely amazing. This photo doesn't do it justice at all. We'll go back one day and take a photo of Vonnie and Dad, and her favourite singing cow.

Continuing on I wanted a photo of the German cruise ship, anchored off Cascade. Dad and I had spotted a top view from Prince Philip Drive but when Chels and I went back, the ship had sailed. Darn. So she took a shot inland of the hills and homes.

Further along and a flowering red gum caught our eyes. Maybe we are now playing.

Down the slippery, slidy road to Cockpit. For some it might seem dangerous but hey, we live at Flagstaff!

Chels is now being artistic. See the oak growing out of the butt of an old pine tree.

The artistic bent still a happening thing. The creek at cockpit running over the rocks. Pretty.

Along Cascade Road and Chels spotted mushrooms by the roadside. Ai nor thort Brada.

Toadstools near gate and a long line of cars trying to pass us. Snap happy tourists they probably thought. Well tough. We're allowed to aata orn auwas Ailen.

Heading home and ah ha. There's the ship off Kingston. Took a snap from Lizzie's Lookout.

Drove on down to the beach and took another shot into the setting sun. The afternoon was overcast and misty and I was still disappointed because she looked so small from Kingston and had looked so large from Prince Philip Drive. Oh well. Another day, another cruise ship. This will 'learn me a lesson' for not having my camera!

Sailing between the two outer Islands as she heads on to New Zealand.

Hang on. Let me zoom in so that you can see her.

Happy New Year Yorlyi! May it be blessed with good health and happiness.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Happy New Year!!

May 2012 bring you peace, love happiness,health and some photos of Jai Jai.

Love Miki