Thursday, January 26, 2012

Australians all let us rejoice.......

Australia Day 2012 and although the weather looked very iffy, it was perfect at Government House. All were outside on the lawns and due to an overcast sky it was neither too hot nor too cold.

His Honour the Administrator, Owen Walsh, showing his technical side and checking the microphone

Neils MarQuardt, David Buffett, Bernie Christian Bailey and Ned Lenthall enjoy a quiet chat in the grounds, prior to the formalities

His Honour, presenting his speech to the nation, as well as a message from the Hon Simon Crean MP

The United States Consul General in New South Wales, Neils MarQuardt who brought with him a speech from US President Barack Obama

John Deadman was the first recipient. As I didn't take notes, I can't tell you the citation as to why each person was awarded

Beryl Evans was next. Whatever it was for, it was well deserved

Delwyn for her services to St John's Ambulance service and for teaching first aid etc

Liam Donahoe as the Young Citizen of the Year

Ian and Monica Anderson for their contribution to the Arts

His Honour giving his speech. A very relaxed and enjoyable afternoon

I was delighted to see that Miss Alice I. Buffett, OAM, was able to be present. I hold this lady in very high regard

Mrs Gate and Maxine. Wat a peya!

Kevin Randall. I hope Sarah doesn't wear my blog out

Teddy and Lucy. Best wishes to Rose for a quick recovery

Ian and Monica again, as they are walking out

Ernie Christian and Jane Rutledge

Maxine, me and Mrs Gate - A rose between two thorns

Maxine and Steve - So very excited about Kobe's wedding, and the photos were beautiful. All best wishes for my beloved God-daughter Ali

Maxine, Gaye, Gate and Freshie - what an absolutely charming collection

No comments: