Thursday, August 2, 2012

WWW ~ Workin With Weeds

Wow! Just received the funniest email, and if you don't know Miki then you might not see the joke, but to have this little Miss working in the garden ~ and pulling out weeds moreover, nonetheless ~ is Hilarious!
..and I quote ~

Thought I would share these photos.....(writes Miki)

I have been in Sydney all week attending a Conference for Team Managers, staying at the Hilton hotel which really sucked - NOT -- listening to the very inspirational CEO, such a cool calm and collected dude and CEO of the year for the second time. Anyway we had to provide some of our precious time to "volunteering", so they arranged for us to spend a day in a National park pulling out weeds
 It was great fun and they could not have picked a more beautiful spot
So here I am in my gear, note even had my own tool bag, equipped with secateurs, knife and small spade. Had to be covered head to toe because of creatures, such as ticks and had several layers of clothing because it was a balmy 7 degrees when we got there, but worth it. 

Did u know..............Weeds are a BIG issue, because when people do landscaping in their homes and let me tell u the homes were mere Minnie mansions and some real mansions, what happens is the seeds from their gardens blow into the National park and the introduced species start growing and kill the natural greenery,

There u go, seems I learnt something too.

Oh help me. Tears running down face!! Well Done Miki. We're so proud of you!



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Well Miki seeing as you've done such a great job and been such a wonderful ambassador for Telstra, Shanelle and I think that you should come down and clear out my garden too :) sanks Love Chels and Pudding xoxo