Sunday, May 29, 2011

Something funny happened on the way......

Well hey. Life is funny isn't it. I mean. If we didn't have a sense of humour I think we'd all just curl up and die. I'm incredibly lucky because my father had an AMAZING sense of humour, and he taught us to laugh all the time, about anything. Not that we're simpering twits. It's just that we find amusement in life's little treasures. Where did that come from? No idea. But moving right along. I've just received an email from Chelsea. She did a presentation at Uni on Friday on Mobile Phones and Love. Communication...whatever. The thing is. She did really well and got 20 out of 20. She sent it to me to watch and read and of course, being the proud Mum, I did both. But here's the thing. I would like to share with you one of life's little treasures. Dad and I were at the Orb on Sunday, feasting on one of Cas's mere morsels, and Barry, Wendy and their two boys were two tables down. One of the boys got a phone call. Without deliberately eavesdropping, we all found out that there was a really big shark at Cascade. Hmm. I then texted Dids. Now wow. This is the new Norfolk Island with mobile phones. Ten years ago it would have taken five minutes for that news to get around Norfolk. Today, with mobile phones, only ten seconds. Did Did's go to the pier. Ai denoe. Ai naewa aas. Bai d taim ai get hoem se gorn kliin aut a mais hied.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

ok didn't get the point of that story, just like i didn't get the point of my presentation....Not that we're simpering twits...mmmm i think we could debate that. Bad mum. That is all.