Monday, August 15, 2011

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go......

Like the rhyme and rythmn of the song of the Seven Little Dwarfs, I too went to work this morning, and then off to training this afternoon.

Here we all are, mental activity at peak, dextrous fingers itching to burn rubber, waiting impatiently to work out the why's and wherefore's of what and when.

When suddenly the peace was shattered by a visit from the Royal Australian Air Force. Absolutely huge Hercules came taxi-ing down the runway. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a photo then, but I was lucky enough to take these three as it was taxi-ing out again.

As you can see, it's absolutely massive.

I remembered that Duane had flown out the day he was born. A medical crew had flown in from Cambodia and just before landing at Richmond, had received instructions to fly on to Norfolk Island to transit a new born Babe to Children's Hospital, Camperdown. He was five weeks premature and so tiny his head could fit into a teacup and his father's wedding ring could be worn as a bracelet. If they could see him now!

No comments: