Sunday, August 14, 2011

Visiting Artist and watercolour sessions

Whilst working at Soul last week a gentleman on a pushbike called in for a chat. Turns out, he paints in oils, acrylics and anything else that comes along, and has brought watercolours with him as they're more portable. Bob Ashe is visiting Norfolk again, with his wife Kaye so being one to strike while the iron is hot, I invited him to Flagstaff to try and show me some points. I've tried watercolour but it doesn't love me very much.

Bob sitting in the dining room, watching as I make a huge mess.

Here you may be able to see his paintings behind him on the window sill. An amazing painting of the huge Morton Bay Figs out near Norfolk Blue.

An exercise using different effects, and Philip Island being used as my muse. Again. Huge thanks to Bob for his patience. Hopefully I'll be uploading some stunning watercolours in the future. (Don't hold your breath though).

1 comment:

Millie said...

Da means I mite finally get mys painten looken from Flagstaff cross to Meddleridge :)