Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What to do and what was done!

Have had a couple of comments as I haven't updated this week. Please don't think that I haven't done anything. It's certainly not that. I have some marvellous photos. If ONLY I can find where I've put my camera! In the meantime, Sarah has forwarded to me some random shots of the Island, so I'm going to upload those. Thanks Saz. Hope you're feeling better.

This is a shot of Flagstaff taken by some naughty little girls who are up in the top of the very large pine tree at the bottom of the garden!

A view of Cemetery Bay looking back along the sand, stones, retaining wall, hill and pines. I love the textures of this scene and asked Sarah to take a photo for me, as at that time, I also had misplaced my camera.

This was a piece of driftwood, a long log which must have been floating around the world's oceans for some time as can be seen by the amount of barnacles clinging on.

An underwater shot, of a wunna sitting on a piece of coral. The wunna (sea urchin)has long gone and only the empty shell remains. They're very pretty but don't last very long.

An orange hibiscus in the garden. Probably Sarah's grandparent's garden, up in the centre of the island. Again, a lovely picture to paint and I may get around to it.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I Love that pic of up home its sooooo cool! And those pics from sarah are just beautiful, love the wunna. But maken i home sick, en wunta gu narwi :) xoxo

Miki said...

Itis very cool, may I ask who the SILLY person was that did climb that pine tree??
Dem es mard un
Miki xxoo

PS I love the photo of the hibiscus, bootiful.