Sunday, February 26, 2012

Last flight of Norfolk Air

Sometimes the pitiful nature of my photography skills comes right to the fore. This is one of those times. The last flight of Norfolk Air and she's coming in right over Did's farm. I've driven to the top of the ridge so that I have a birds eye view. Here she comes, flying out of the west, lining up for the runway

Now in direct flight, she comes in over Bishop's Court, driving steadily toward a perfect landing...


...which I missed. If you peer very very closely at the photo you can just see the tail of the aircraft as it touched down

So having missed that vital moment of landing I tried a last desperate attempt to get her at take-off. Again I missed it, but here she is, last flight of Norfolk Air from Norfolk Island. You served us very very well and thank you.

No comments: